FileMaker Pro Release Notes
New features and enhancements
- macOS: The GetLiveText function is now supported in a script run on the server.
- macOS Ventura: The GetLiveText function now additionally supports Japanese ("ja-JP"), Korean ("ko-KR"), and Ukrainian ("uk-UA") locales.
- The new GetBaseTableName function returns the base table name of a provided field.
- The new Get(CacheFilePath) function returns the path of the cache file for the currently active database.
- The new Get(CacheFileName) function returns the name of the cache file for the currently active database.
- The new BaseTableNames and BaseTableIDs functions return information about the base tables instead of all table occurrences.
- The ReadQRCode function is now available to use in FileMaker Pro on Windows.
- The Get(ModifiedFields) function now returns fields containing data when a new record is created.
- The Execute FileMaker Data API script step now supports the dateformats parameter.
- The new Perform Script on Server with Callback script step performs a specified script on a server. When complete, the client locally performs another specified script.
- The cURL option in the Insert from URL script step now supports secure file transfer protocol (SFTP) and includes the pubkey option for SFTP public key authentication.
- The new Trigger Claris Connect Flow script step initiates a Claris Connect workflow automation.
- You can now double-click a fmcert license certificate file to initiate the license certificate import process. Upgrade licenses must be imported using Help > Replace FileMaker License.
- Windows: Thumbnails can now be immediately created for PDF files in container fields.
- The new OnWindowTransaction script trigger creates a JSON object whenever a window's transaction completes successfully. The JSON object includes the file name, base table name, record ID, operation, and contents of that base table's field named onWindowTransaction (or a specified field) for every operation within the completed transaction.
- SQL queries to FileMaker databases can now access a FileMaker_BaseTables system table. The new schema contains the following fields:
- BaseTableName - the table name
- BaseTableId - the table ID
- Source - the source (<internal>, MYSQL, etc.)
- ModCount - the number of times the table has been modified
- Sending mail using FileMaker Pro can now use OAuth 2.0 with Microsoft 365 Business or Google Workspace subscriptions.
- Dark Mode is now partially supported for the relationship graph.
- macOS: Web Viewers did not register mouse clicks while in Find Mode.
- macOS: Closing parent windows to card windows sometimes caused FileMaker Pro to quit unexpectedly.
- macOS Ventura: A previously minimized layout window was unable to display a card window if Stage Manager was enabled in macOS.
- The divider lines inside a button bar would resize incorrectly if the button bar was anchored and resized when the layout was resized.
- Portals with the Use active row state option disabled would render incorrectly if the portal was anchored and the layout was resized.
- Windows: PDFs in non-interactive containers and PDFs rendered from layouts were blurry.
- The application quit unexpectedly when using the GetContainerAttribute function on a table with many records.
- The Get(ModifiedFields) function incorrectly returned an empty result for fields modified with replace field contents, import, relookup, or drag and drop operations.
- Text shortening functions, such as Left and GetValue, used more memory than needed.
- Functions sometimes incorrectly used the operating system locale instead of the file locale.
- Windows: Insert from URL failed to encode provided URLs and returned an error.
- When the Verify SSL Certificates option was off for the Insert from URL script step, certificate errors incorrectly caused errors to be returned instead of the expected result.
- Some text colors in Script Workspace did not change between Dark Mode and Light Mode.
- Scripts could no longer be executed when there was an open transaction, the main script was paused, and an error occurred.
- macOS Ventura: The FileMaker Pro options in the Print dialog were not used and the Pages option was used instead.
- You were able to enter an inactive FileMaker Account to Sign in with Apple when the Hide My Email option was selected.
- XML generated from Save a copy as XML did not include information about the Show sign-in fields when OAuth or AD FS is enabled option.
- Windows: Saving Records as PDF caused FileMaker Pro to stop responding when the layout included web content in a web viewer. Web content not retrieved before timeout will appear as blank in the rendered PDF.
- Windows: FileMaker Pro stopped responding or quit unexpectedly on computers with older hardware.
- Transactions with invalid dates were successfully committed to records instead of returning errors. Now transactions committed with invalid dates return error 500.
APIs, technologies, or features to be deprecated
As FileMaker Pro evolves, the list of supported technologies, APIs, and features will change. As part of this evolution, certain operating systems versions, hardware, and features may be deprecated in favor of newer ones. Although deprecation does not mean the immediate deletion of an item, you should migrate your solution away from deprecated technologies, because these technologies may be removed in a future version of the product.
For the latest information about deprecated APIs, technologies, and features, search the Knowledge Base.